Instructions: Read each question carefully. Answer all questions.
Time Limit - 4 hours. Begin Immediately
- Describe the history of the papacy from its origin to the present day, concentrating especially
but not exclusively, on its social, political, economic, religious, and philosophical impact on
Europe, Asia, America, and Africa. Be brief, concise, and specific.
- You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze, and a bottle of Scotch. Remove
your appendix. Do not suture until your work has been inspected. You have fifteen minutes.
- Public Speaking
- 2,500 riot-crazed aborigines are storming the classroom. Calm them. You may use any ancient
language except Latin or Greek.
- Create Life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human culture if this form of life had
developed 500 million years earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on the
English parliamentary system. Prove your thesis.
- Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with flute and drum. You will find a
piano under your seat.
- Based on knowledge of their works, evaluate the emotional stability, degree of adjustment, and
repressed frustrations of each of the following: Alexander of Aphrodisia, Ramses II, Gregory
of Nicea, Hammurabi. Support your evaluation with quotations from each man's work, making
appropriate references. It is not necessary to translate.
- Estimate the sociological problems which might accompany the end of the world. Construct an
experiment to test your theory.
- Management Science
- Define Management. Define Science. How do they relate? Why? Create a generalized algorithm
to optimize all managerial decisions. Assuming a clustered array of 1000 PowerPC chips running
at 400 Mhz and a perfectly optimized parallel operating system to run your algorithm, determine
the number of additional instruction cycles you will require to introduce a 3 sigma error level
in the solutions.
- The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have been placed in a box on your desk. You will
also find an instruction manual, printed in Swahili. In ten minutes a hungry Bengal tiger will
be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel appropriate. Be prepared to justify your
- Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national debt. Trace the possible effects of
your plan in the following areas: Cubism, the Donatis controversy, the wave theory of light.
Outline a method for preventing these effects. Criticize this method from all possible points
of view. Point out the deficiencies in your point of view, as demonstrated in your answer to
the last question.